Raja 'bin Hayat (a sincere minister of Umar bin Abdul Aziz) told me, "I was with Umar bin Abdul Aziz when he was ruler of Medina. He sent me to buy clothes for him. Then I bought clothes for five hundred dirhams. When he saw it, he commented, "This is good, but unfortunately it's cheap."

And when he became a caliph, he once sent me to buy clothes for him. Then I bought clothes for him for five dirhams. When he saw the clothes, he commented. ‘This is good, it's just expensive."

Raja 'continues his story, "When I heard these words, I burst into tears. Then Umar asked, "What makes you cry, O King?" I replied, "I remember your clothes a few years ago and your comment about the clothes." Then Umar revealed the secrets of the matter to Raja 'bin Hayat. He said, 'O King'! Really, I have an ambitious soul. If I have managed to realize something, surely I want something on it again. I had the desire to marry my uncle's daughter, Fatimah bint Abdul Malik. I also managed to marry her. Then I want to hold leadership. I also managed to hold power. Then I want to hold the khilafah. I also managed to become a caliph. And now, O King ', I want to get heaven, so I hope to be an expert on heaven. "

Umar bin Abdul Aziz heard the news that one of his sons made a ring and put on a ring of stones worth a thousand dirhams. Then he wrote a letter to his son, "I heard that you bought a ring stone for your ring for a thousand dirhams. Therefore, sell and use the money to make a thousand people hungry. Make an iron ring and write on it, "May God bless those who realize their own position."